As millions of stationery home owners plan their holiday vacations, many in the RV community are doing so as well. However, an RV gives its owners two distinct advantages over those who will be stuck in some airport or train station waiting to begin their vacations – the ability to not only quickly pack up and travel with their homes intact, but also the experience of seeing how the rest of this big country celebrates Christmas and the holidays. Here are some of the best places to visit in your RV this holiday season.
- Christmas, FL. Of course, the list has to start here. This destination is for people who love everything about the Christmas season except the cold and the snow. Even though you won’t experience the snow and cold of a White Christmas, the RV could have a Christmas tree and even a Santa and sleigh at the top. Also nearby are Walt Disney World and Legoland for the children. Given those attractions I don’t think the kids will be complaining much about no snow.
- Santa Claus, IN. Santa Claus must arrive with Christmas. This destination is more for those who still relish the possibility of their Christmas being a white one filled with snow, snowflakes and icicles. Apart from the very appropriate name, there are many Christmas themed attractions in Santa Claus such as the Santa Claus Museum, Santa’s Candy Castle and Frosty’s Fun Center.
- Mission Bay RV Resort. One of most beautiful traditions in the country takes place here. The festival of lights features boats decorated for the annual holiday season that center around Mission Bay. The site is truly spectacular as the entire bay is illuminated by these boats. The event is highly anticipated by the San Diego community. Other winter activities include skiing, snowshoeing and snow camping.
- Palm Spring and Desert Hot Springs. Here RV vacationers can have the best of all worlds – a warm climate for those who don’t like the snow and cold of Winter and for those who do there is the Palm Springs Tram where one can sample snow in the comfort of the Mountain Station.
- Corpus Christi, TX. This location has a mixture of pleasant weather and the Christmas spirit celebrated by the popular Harbor Lights Festival that includes a parade and kid friendly activities
Yes, these are only a few vacation options people with RVs have this holiday season as locations and resorts are getting more and more receptive to this community. These places and more are beautiful places to witness the splendor of the season and the beauty of this country. Before you head out make sure that your RV awnings are intact and that if you need replacement RV awnings to use our in San Diego. Have a safe and pleasant holiday season wherever you choose to go.