“I can’t think of anything that excites a great sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything.” -Bill Bryson
There is no doubt that the United States has some of the most beautiful landscapes, most fascinating people and exciting events anywhere in the world. However, in people with true wanderlust there is often the desire to venture away from the familiar and explore whole new worlds. For RVers there are many places around the globe that are ideal for exploration and discovery. Here are some places and sights from around the world that await intrepid travelers with their RVs.
- The Autobahn in Germany: This roadway is known the world over as having no speed limit in non-urban regions and also for giving drivers views of snowy mountain peaks and pristine forest.
- The Ring of Kerry in Ireland: This 200km loop through the Irish countryside exposes drivers to views of mountains, beaches, lake and rivers. It is surrounded by some of the most beautiful and pastoral land in all of the Ireland.
- The Trollstigen in Norway: This mountain pass gives travelers views of landscapes as diverse as canyons and mountains and waterfalls and rivers. All of the beauty of Norway can be experienced while traveling from Åndalsnes and Valldalen in the heart of this lovely country.
- Bucharest, Transylvania, Budapest, Bratislava and Vienna: Eastern Europe has many fascinating sights to discover from the Carpathian Mountains to the ancient castles of Transylvania (beware of Count Dracula) to the architectural gems of Timisoara.
- La Route des Grandes Alpes in France: Located in the Rhône-Alpes and Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur regions, the French Alps are comprised of majestic, snow-capped mountain ranges. Additionally, there are many quaint inns and hotels along the way to accommodate visitors to the region.
- Furka Pass in Switzerland: Not for the faint of heart, this pass contains hairpin curve and leads to many other driving challenges. The reward for this negotiating this difficult pass is a stunningly beautiful countryside.
Finally, whether you plan to travel abroad during your summer vacation you should check with our awning replacement service in San Diego if your awning is damaged or shows signs of wear. We specialize in many brands of Mobile RV awnings in San Diego and can help you choose an awning that is attractive and functional and that fits your RV perfectly. We have accessories too so that you can maintain your awning for as many years as you own your RV.